Thursday, September 24, 2009

View from the pantry


I have been spending a lot of time canning lately. Here's the view when you walk into the pantry....
I don't know if that excites you like it does me, but I like to just walk in there and look at it! This year, I canned peaches, applesauce (with James' help), peach jam, peach salsa, apple pie filling, kidney beans and garbanzo beans. I was going to do spaghetti sauce, but I got a great deal on Ragu (see my other blog : http://savingthosepennies.blogspot.com ), so I bought that instead.
I forgot to take pictures from my baby "celebration", but it was great. We had a lot of fun just talking (and eating ice cream). I'm so thankful for friends and a ward who celebrate every baby and every mom! It's great to know you are loved! Thanks everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, very impressive canning!
    Way to go on the Ragu deal, you guys are set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wanna email me your peach salsa recipe? My friend has so many peaches she doesn't know what to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! Canning things is quite the task, but the pretty jars lining the shelves it always so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive pantry!!! You have mad canning skills. I wish had a line up like that. Only a few more days to go. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is a beautiful sight too! Great job.

    ReplyDelete