Thursday, September 10, 2009

Preschool!


Kyle started preschool and has just finished his second week. It's a co-op this year, so we are taking turns teaching. Each of the teachers/ moms has 6 weeks to teach. Kyle is loving it! On the first day, when I picked him up, I asked him if he missed me. He said in an excited voice, "No, Mom! I didn't miss you at all, not even a little bit!" I'm glad he's adjusting so well.

His teacher for the first six weeks is Miss Heidi. This is the same Miss Heidi who worked with me last year teaching preschool, so you would think it would be old news, but Kyle keeps referring to her as "my teacher" , as in"My teacher let me have ice in my drink since it was a hot day" and "My teacher told me you have to dribble a basketball with one hand." I think it feels much more official to him to go somewhere for preschool instead of have preschool here with his mom.

Kyle has had a few other firsts in the past week or two. He went to a ballet/ tap dance class to try it out. It was a very mixed review. He couldn't decide if he liked it or didn't like it, but ultimately decided he didn't want to go back. He was the only boy in the class with 5 little girls, and he was really cute trying to do all of the dance moves.

Kyle also gave his first talk on Sunday. He talked about prophets and he did a great job. James was there to whisper in his ear. The two of them worked hard to prepare his talk together.

5 comments:

  1. So glad that pre-school is going so well! I love the very first Primary talk. I bet he did great. These are the days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so cute. riley just had a "church first" as well...she can now say an entire prayer by herself :) it's so fun to see your kids grow up, a little bitter sweet too. I love how you guys are doing joy school and hope such a great group is around and willing when riley is the right age! p.s.yes, the race is on! I do hope we (me you and katie) don't have to fight over the anesthesiologist (sp?) or the dr for that matter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kyle really gave a great talk! It's too bad the microphone doesn't work in Primary, I know the kids love using it. What a big boy he's become!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kyle reminds me of what James would have been at that age. I love it that he tried a tap/ballet class. Jackson starts an all boy gymnastics class next week since soccer doesn't start until 5 here. He is really excited for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been too long since I've seen you guys! The last time we saw you Kyle and Hanna were not even 2 and Kyle kept scratching Hanna's face everytime we turned our head. I'm sure he's past that stage, oh but is the other one in that stage now? Anyway, did you know there is going to be a mission reunion on Friday Oct. 2(?) In Centerville, UT we are really going to try and make it. How about you guys. Oh, you are having a baby. Never mind I just remembered. Anyways, we need to get together!

    ReplyDelete