Saturday, October 3, 2009

No room at the inn

Yesterday was a little frustrating. Okay, that is an understatement! I spent all day calling the hospital, only to be told every time that ALL the beds were full, and to try again later. Then, 12 hours after I was supposed to go in, I talked to someone who said that the beds were still full and we'd have to reschedule. My doctor's next on call day is October 6th, so unless labor just starts, I won't be having this little guy until Tuesday! My mom and sister have been here waiting too. Mom babysat for us so that we could go out on a date. That was fun, and at Macaroni Grill they sang a "Congratulations on your new baby song" that sounded an awfully lot like "Happy Birthday." 
So, now we're all just waiting...

6 comments:

  1. I was thinking about you all day yesterday! I can only imagine how frustrated you must feel! Let me know if you need anything! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh chanelle...how sad :( i'm sorry...they were PACKED when i went in too. After i delivered my nurse told me she had patients laboring on the triage beds! You will definetly get better care if you go when they have room. How frustrating, not sure what to tell you, try to stay positive :) we can't wait to meet your baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's terrible! You were SO close, but at least you got a date nite out of it :) Just remember to take lloooonnnngg walks and spend plenty of private time with hubby :) Hopefully, then you will help jumpstart your labor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear that. I hope there will be an opening on Tuesday. I will keep checking back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man!!! I can't believe it! Well hopefully we'll get to see pictures of your little guy in just a few days!

    ReplyDelete