Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bunny Rescue!




The boys and I were out for a walk on Brookside. We saw what I thought was a dead bunny, and got a little closer to take a look. When we were inches away, it got startled and started moving around in a circle. Only the front legs could move. He didn't look too bad (no blood), but something was obviously wrong, so we decided to save him. We got a box at home and went back to pick him up. He is still breathing, but he's just laying down and won't eat, so we aren't sure if he's going to make it. We'll wait until Karissa gets home to call Animal Control so she can see the bunny too.

3 comments:

  1. What a cute blog Chanelle. I like the layout and colors. Wow, keep us posted on the rabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad to report that the rabbit didn't make it. He perked up for a while there, and I thought he was doing better, but by the time Karissa got home, he was shaking, and I knew that couldn't be a good sign. I called Animal Control, and when we went out back to get the box, the rabbit had died.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to stay in my mind for awhile.....thank you for taking him in for his last hour. Poor baby-hope he got a proper send off (I know I'm soooo sensitive).

    ReplyDelete