Thursday, March 18, 2010

Our fun weekend


I had planned to blog today about our fun weekend, and I'll get to that, but I need to start with a little segment of my day, so that if you don't have kids yet, or if your kids are grown and you don't remember how they were at the age of 2, here's a reminder:

Things that happened today

Tyler dumped out 2 bottles of hand soap all over the floor.
Tyler dumped a cup of water out on the tile. I didn't clean it fast enough. Kyle was carrying a glass plate, with food on it, to the table. For whatever 5 year old reason I can't fathom, he went around the long way, in front of the fridge, in the water spill.... down went the boy, down went the plate, glass and food went flying everywhere.
Tyler stabbed poked Trevor in the lip with a sharpened pencil and made his lip bleed. (Can someone tell me why we can never find a sharpened pencil when it's homework time, but somehow a sharpened pencil is close enough to be a weapon for a 2 year old???)
Tyler found a pair of scissors and cut his pants to bits, while he was wearing them (you can see the holes in the picture above).

So, on to the weekend. We went as a family to California Adventure on Saturday. James' sister Julie got us in (thanks, Julie!) (she works for Disney). We walked on all the rides in Bugs Land. The kids were scared of the 3-D show and we had to walk out in the middle of it. Our favorite ride of the day was Soarin' over California.


On Sunday James and the kids came with me to a ward conference. It was nice to have church together. That afternoon we went to James parents' to celebrate Joy's birthday.
I was going to write more, but hey... it's been a long day.

4 comments:

  1. Awwww....It sounds like my life. I wish there was a 2 year old farm for kids that we could send them to on certain days and when they were trained to behave, we could pick them up. :) I am glad the weekend was a fun one though. Hope the rest of the day goes better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, that tyler! he keeps you on his toes doesn't he? He seems to young to be able to be so mischevious! but it makes for great blog posts :) i love how he looks so innocent too, i'd never look at him and think he could cause such a rucous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a good laugh out of that one. I can't wait to have another boy toddler. THey are a busy bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Gives me a little insight to what I have to look forward to! Right now I'm totally relishing the fact that my sweet little girl is immobile and that I can give her all the hugs and kisses I want. Good thing your kids are so darn cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete