Saturday, February 20, 2010

Presidents Week

Karissa had a week long school vacation, and James got Monday off for the holiday, and Friday off (he gets every other Friday off).
We spent Monday hiking in Oak Glen. It was a gorgeous day and lots of fun. There was even a little snow and the kids got to climb around in it. The hiking was a little slow because we let Tyler walk part of the way. He didn't want to stay on the path and we kept having to chase him around.

On Friday, we went to Disneyland. We got our "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day" tickets by delivering blankets that will go to needy kids. Disneyland was a fun day. We went on a lot of rides, and it wasn't too crowded. We even bought the kids sugar lollypops (they were so excited!). Tyler loved seeing (and hugging) Tigg-Tigg. (I didn't even know he knew who Tigger was!)

Now before I tell this next part, I have to say, "Don't judge me!" (A friend said this to me the other day while opening the door in her p.j.'s at 3 in the afternoon:)  Anyway, we were so excited to get inside Disneyland, and we had to park over in Gardenwalk and take a city bus to Disneyland. On the bus, we realized that we'd left the diaper bag in the car! We didn't want to go all the way back, so we thought we'd just hope for the best or maybe buy some overpriced diapers inside Disneyland. So, we are going along and the inevitable- Trevor poops. We asked the workers and found out that you can get diapers on Main street and we start walking over there, even though it's clear on the other side of the park, when we see.... a diaper on the ground! Manna from heaven! It's unused, totally clean. We laughed and picked it up. Should we use it? Well, of course, a free diaper left there just for us (Karissa said, "Heavenly Father made someone drop this there for us!")  We went on to our next ride and James and the kids got in line while I changed the diaper. Of course, we had no wipes, but as you mothers know, in a pinch, you can use the diaper and do without. Except at those times when you really need a wipe. This was one of those times. Enough said.
So, I'm standing there, trying to change a diaper in the stroller with a diaper delivered from heaven, but no wipes to finish the job. I said a little prayer in my mind, asking for the Lord to send someone with wipes walking close by me, and I would ask them for one. A few people walked by, but none got close enough. Then, a girl walked right in front of me, with a baby in a carrier on her chest- and she looked familiar. "I know you!" I blurted out. Turns out, she is James' cousins' (Daniel Haring) wife. She had wipes, and freely shared them with me. What are the chances someone would drop a clean diaper right in our path? And that, with all the thousands of people at Disneyland, someone I know would walk by with wipes? I don't doubt for a minute that the Lord was aware of our needs and watching out for us! Even for our little needs like diapers and wipes!

5 comments:

  1. That is Hi-larious!! What a great time a Disneyland. I am pretty sure I would buy my kids lollypops after a day like that. :) I don't think Kyle likes his though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't judge that one bit! that is such cool story, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you enjoyed a fun day at Disneyland! The Tigger embrace is adorable, great pictures. We never forget those moments we are in need and a blessing just falls in our lap. Truly He is aware of our needs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty funny- I would of totally used the diaper too! Good little lesson on prayer too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh, its pretty likely that you would run into Kori, she's there ALL the time. :) I'm just glad that she is willing to get us in every once in a while. Great story!

    ReplyDelete