Thursday, August 13, 2009

Mini- vacation


James had last Friday off, so we headed down to Carlsbad to go to my grandpa's time share down there. It's the best way to go to the beach for our family! We got there around noon, changed in the dressing rooms, and headed down to the beach. The hotel is just across the street from the beach. We had a picnic lunch and played in the water. All the kids are getting a lot braver! Earlier this summer, Karissa barely wanted to get in the ocean, and Tyler didn't even like getting wet. Now we have to make sure they don't go too deep.


When we were done at the beach, we headed back up to the hotel and spent hours in the pool. It was a beautiful day and such a nice break.
This picture is of Kyle in front of the hotel, standing in a tree he had to climb.

5 comments:

  1. I just got all caught up with your summer and it sounds like you've had a pretty good one despite "The day In The Life...". Anyway, I'm sooo bummed, because we were beach camping at San Clamente/San Mateo (we were in Oceanside on Tues. and Thurs.)the week you went to Carlsbad. I know it was so my fault I kept thinking of calling you, but it was kind of crazy, you know and most of the time I had no reception. Anyway, we really need to get together sometime, our kids are getting so big. I love your hair by the way and how funny about James and Big Foot, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome that you guys get to go to the beach as mush as you do. We want to make it to the "shore" as referred to in the East coast but I don't know that we are going to make it. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look like so much fun! I LOVE the ocean and wish we lived by it. Mike isn't buying that though. Anyway, thanks for commenting on my blog. It makes me feel so close to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what I said was...isn't it so nice to be able to get away?? It sounds like such a fun time together!...but I left out a word so I deleted it to fix it!

    ReplyDelete